Sanjay Dutt, who has been serving his jail sentence at Yerawada Central Jail in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, has been granted a parole for 30 days. The reason? To take care of wife Manyata who is ill. In all possibilities, he is likely to be released today, post the completion of the required formalities.
Dutt, who was granted a 14-day furlough in the first week of October, had earlier got a 14-day extension on medical grounds.
Talking about Dutt's parole application, Prabhakar Deshmukh (Pune Divisional Commissioner) said that he has signed the parole application after the reports forwarded by the police and the Yerawada jail authorities were received and the reason stated was that his wife is ill and had to undergo treatment and a surgery. He added that Dutt can be released on a surety and personal bond of Rs 5,000 each and the Yerwada prison superintendent has to decide on the release. He added that the parole condition also states that he has to report to the Kharghar police station twice a week. On the other hand, Yogesh Desai (Yerawada Prison superintendent) said that they have not yet received any communication on Dutt's parole so far and that they will release Dutt after they receive the same.
Meanwhile, Bollywood Hungama's reliable sources added that not all is well at Yerawada jail, as there is a big black flag morcha outside by Sangharsh Samiti, in order to protest against the grant of Dutt's parole.
In Bollywood, a million films get churned out almost every year. While some see the light of the day some doesn't. While some make it to the top, some don't. While some say yes to the project at one go, some say yes and then back out.
One such instance is that of Nargis Fakhri, who, if our sources are to be believed, had said yes to a film titled The Xpose, in which she was to be paired opposite Himesh Reshamiyya. She was to play a foreigner in the film. Well, but for reasons best known to her, she backed out of the film recently, so report our sources. With the reported exit of Nargis from the film, the hunt for the leading lady begins again.
One look at the Ranbir Kapoor's song in the kiddy flick Chillar Party, in which he had posed as a tapori, one always wondered and wished to see Ranbir in a tapori avatar!
It seems that all your prayers and wishes have been answered by Karan Johar, who is now all set to start his next starring Ranbir Kapoor, as per a source. The source also added that while the name of the film has been kept as Mr and Mrs Tapori, the film may just star Parineeti Chopra as Ranbir's heroine.
Tanissha Mukherjee's illustrious family, mom Tanuja, sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn, have made peace with Tanissha's controversial and colourful presence on Bigg Boss. To quash all rumours suggesting all is not well between the family and Tanissha, they've now sent a letter and collage of picture of the family to Tanissha as a goodwill gesture.
Says a source from the channel Colors, "Tanissha had not received a shred of intimation from her family since she entered Bigg Boss house. This led to speculation that the family was far from happy with Tanissha's conduct. On Thursday, Tanissha finally got a letter signed by her mom and sister and a collage of family pictures. This ended her period of uncertainty regarding her family's response to her conduct in the house."
A reliable source close the Mukherjee family says the family was fed up of speculation regarding Tanissha's conduct. "The family has never objected to the way every member leads his or her life. Tanujaji has always given her two daughters full freedom to do whatever they wish to. Tanujaji herself used to be extremely unconventional in her heydays. If her daughter doesn't follow the demure and submissive track, why would she object?"
Before entering Bigg Boss house, Tanissha had told this writer that she was not in the game for money or fame. "I am asked if I am going in to Bigg Boss to gain some attention. I don't mean to sound arrogant. But the family that I come from (mom Tanuja, aunt Nutan, grandmother Shobhana Samarth, sister Kajol, brother-in-law Ajay Devgn) do you think I need to try to get visibility for myself?"
Tanissha also spoke about the family's disapproval of her decision to go into Bigg Boss. "My mom is very protective. Like any mother, she's concerned about how I'll cope inside the Bigg Boss house. I am the baby of the family. So mom worries even more about me. She was like, 'Baby, will you be okay?' But parents have to let their children grow up sometime. I cannot be a baby all my life. I hope I've matured over the years. Now I am looking forward to coping with all the excitement tension and squabble inside the Bigg Boss house. This is one of Indian television's most popular shows. I want to see what makes the show tick. You know, the true test of a person's character is when he or she is faced with adversity. I want to come out of this with dignity".
After a super busy 18 odd months that saw as many as 8 films releasing in theatres, Akshay Kumar would be off the screens for some time to come now. Though the actor has already finished two films and is in the process of starting his third, he would be on a mini break of sorts before arriving with a release of his.
Holiday, remake of Thuppakki, is his next release and it would be arriving on 1st May. This would be a little over six months since his last release Boss," informs a source.
Not that it was planned this way. Initially, the film was supposed to arrive in the month of March. However, with Reliance finding 1st May as the better date for the film's release and deciding to push Holiday ahead by a few weeks, there is a time gap that has come in for next release of Akshay's.
"This would also act as a relief of sorts for Akshay since from 2012 onwards, he has already seen the arrival of Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore, Joker, OMG - Oh My God!, Khiladi 786, Special 26, Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbaai Dobaara and Boss," the source adds, "It has been a relentless pace for him."
Not that the actor is slowing down when it comes to work though.
"That's true," says a close associate, "He would be involved in the dubbing of Holiday and Its Entertainment for which he has finished shooting. In parallel, he also starts the shooting of Gabbar in the month of January. This would be followed by Shaukeen. Each of these four films would release in 2014. Then in the second half of the year, he would be opening up the slate of the newer lot of films which would go on floors."
This means that he would stay on to be the only actor in the B-Town who would maintain his record of releasing an average of three films a year. However, he would certainly be welcoming the unexpected break that has come in at least from the promotional rigmarole that would have otherwise eaten up on his time even as he was busy shooting for other films.
Ranbir has apparently rubbed media the wrong way! After maintaining the good boy image since his entry into Bollywood, Ranbir revealed his aggressive side recently.
The actor, who was reportedly a little drunk, was irked when the media surrounded him clicking his pictures late in the night at around 2.30 to 2.50 am. Ranbir snatched away the camera from the hands of the TV reporter and put it in his car. He refused to return it and asked the reporter to call his boss if he wanted the camera back. The actor was spotted by the paparazzi as he was arriving back with his friends Ayan Mukerji and Aarti Shetty from a popular hangout Olive. Junior RK was so furious when he spotted the media outside his house that he challenged them to race with him and sped off. As per reports, the actor did not turn up until 4 am and apparently, buzz is that he also had a lady to accompany him.
She has enthralled the audience for decades. Though in recent times, she has seldom been on the silver screen; she in none other than the evergreen actress Rekha. Now we hear that Rekha will soon be making her maiden stage appearance in the UAE at the 'I Am Asha' concert, an event to celebrate Asha Bhosle's 70th anniversary in Indian cinema.
Apparently, Rekha will join Farooq Shaikh in the last part of the show, for a chat with Bhosle herself. 'I Am Asha' will be held at Shaikh Rashid Hall in Dubai World Trade Centre on December 13.
Our very own Popstar Remo Fernandez, who has been a performer for decades now, has been bitten by the acting bug at the age of 60. He will be seen in a pivotal role in the upcoming thriller The Villain.
He will play Sidharth Malhotra's boss in the film, which is currently being shot in his home town, Goa. Director Mohit Suri and Balaji Productions felt that he was the perfect choice to play this character, which has shades of grey.
The Villain will see the fresh pairing of Sidharth Malhotra and Shraddha Kapoor along with Riteish Deshmukh, and an extended cameo of Kamaal R. Khan. The film is expected to complete shoot in March 2014.